YOUR DANCER’S SAFETY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY!
Here are some of the precautions we are taking:
• Parents must drop off and pick up children to limit the number of people inside the building.
• Any child is under 6 years old, one parent may accompany them into the studio and wait in the lobby.
• Dancers will be required to wear a mask when entering/exiting the building. They will not be required to wear a mask while they are in class.
• All necessary items such as dance shoes carried in a small bag with the dancer at all times.
• If a dancer has consecutive classes, they may use the cubbies provided in the den. These cubbies will be cleaned each night.
• We will be “dis-dancing” in the classrooms: dancers will learn to be “six-feet-safe” in their dance classes. The floor is marked to show dancers where to stand.
• “Parking Spots” for dance bags & shoe changes are also “Six-Feet-Safe”.
• Teachers will assign each dancer their “Parking Spot” & “Dancing Spot”.
• We will continue to encourage social dis-dancing upon entering & exiting the building.
• Smaller class sizes.
• Barres and other equipment will be wiped down between classes if used.
• Dancers must bring their own water bottle as our water fountain is off-limits.
• All parents and students 18 and up will need to sign a mandatory participation waiver at registration.
WHO SHOULD NOT COME TO CLASS:
• Any dancer feeling ill should stay home. (Fever, coughing, sneezing, runny nose, etc.)
• Any dancer that has traveled to a hot spot should quarantine for 10 days or be tested for Covid-19.
• Any dancer that has tested positive for Covid-19 must quarantine for 14 days before return.
• Any dancer living with a family member who is ill should stay home.
• Anyone who feels they cannot comply with all procedures should also stay home.
We will sanitize and disinfect before the start of each dance day. We will continue to urge our dancers to use the hand sanitizer provided by the studio. Please feel free to bring your own. Hand washing is mandatory after restroom usage & will be encouraged when necessary. Masks are optional for dancers, as suggested by the CDC in it’s recommendations on workouts for young children.
In the event Allegheny County should return to the yellow or red phase classes will be continued over Zoom or another online classroom platform.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding through all of these new changes. We appreciate everyone’s commitment to safety and we can’t wait to see you on the dance floor!
Break a leg,
Abby Lee Miller