We want all of our students to have an enjoyable and educational dance experience. We will treat you and your children with courtesy and respect. We expect our students to show the same attitude toward their teachers and fellow dancers. We request that your children observe the following simple rules:
- Pay Attention to your teacher - Don’t talk with your friends during class! It disrupts the whole class and makes it difficult for the teacher to communicate with the students. Meet your friends before or after class for social fun.
- Food or drinks are permitted in the DEN ONLY. Be careful - spills ruin the floors and food attracts bugs. You may have snacks in the den, but please dispose of your trash properly. There are breaks for water during shoe changes. Leave water bottles in the DEN.
- Do not pull up on or hang from the Ballet Barres. They can be pulled from the wall or you can get stuck in them. Barres are for balance and support.
- Come prepared to dance - attire, grooming, attitude, ambition, energy!
Reasonable rules and standards are provided to promote self-discipline. Students should arrive at the school with sufficient time to change into dance shoes to begin class on time. Students who arrive 10 minutes after the scheduled class time are welcome to observe the class; however, they will not be permitted to participate unless there is an extenuating circumstance. If students need to leave before the end of the class, they should notify the teacher before class begins. Students may not leave the classroom without first receiving permission from the teacher.
As employees of THE ABBY LEE DANCE COMPANY, teachers have the responsibility to see that their class is under control, and they have the authority to dismiss any student who will not cooperate and is a disruption to the rest of the class. Inappropriate dress or behavior will not be allowed. No gum, food or drinks will be permitted inside the classrooms during class or rehearsal.
It is important for parents and students to understand that dance class is not the same as your grade in school. Nor do you dance from 8am to 3pm
Monday through Friday
. In most cases, the class will progress as a group but not all the time. Every child will be challenged in each class to compete against themselves not others.
All male students should be respectful of all the ladies in this building, as well as their property and the building itself. You are here on a partial tuition scholarship. Many of the girls are paying 5 times this, your behavior should be exemplary at all times and scholarship recipients should always work harder in class than anyone else. You will be held to a higher standard by all faculty members. The first time you are asked to leave a class because of your behavior your tuition will be changed to the full price from the current reign dance productions tuition rate chart.
DRESS REHEARSAL RULES AND REGULATIONS:
The dress rehearsal will take place at Baldwin High School. A dress rehearsal is a run through of the entire show in full costume, hair, and make-up. We will be “teching” the show with the stage crew. Teching means creating the technical aspects of the show: i.e. lighting design, curtain cues, follow spots, prop cues, etc. A dress rehearsal is not for your child to learn their dance routine. Only to understand which wing to exit and enter from, to see what it looks like back stage, and to learn some theatre etiquette, as well as, respect for their fellow performers and an appreciation for the performing arts. See our Theatre Etiquette Rules.
Please adhere to the following rules for a STRESS FREE Dress Rehearsal and Dance Concert:
• DO NOT WEAR, but BRING your costume in a non-transparent garment bag or suitcase
• No fingernail polish or toenail polish
• No chewing gum
• No jewelry – only designated earrings!
• We are not responsible for lost or stolen articles – please label all of your belongings.
• Please have your hair done and your make-up applied for your first number upon arrival
• You must have the correct color and style of shoes, tights, and lipstick
• No underwear is to be worn with costumes. Mature dancers must wear a bra and/or correct support undergarments.
• Tap shoes should be cleaned well – Ballet slippers should appear new – Pointe shoes should be darned and pancake make-up applied and rubber applied to soles if necessary.
• ONE chaperone may accompany each child to the dress rehearsal – it is not open to the public!
• No food or beverages are permitted inside the auditorium, hallways, or dressing areas.
• NO SMOKING is allowed anywhere on school grounds (this includes the entry way, the parking lot, etc.)
• Absolutely no costumes in the auditorium. It is quite educational for all children to watch some of the other performers rehearse. They must be in street clothes and be supervised by an adult.
• The time posted is the time you are scheduled to go on stage – you may arrive whenever you like as long as you are in costume and
warmed up to perform by your scheduled time.
• NO PARENTS ARE ALLOWED ON STAGE OR BACKSTAGE AT ANY TIME!!!
• During the dress rehearsal – your chaperone may videotape your performance and take photos of you on the stage.
• If you have a long break between numbers and want to leave the building, check out with the front desk staff. Check in when you return.
• Have Fun! Learn Something! Break A Leg!
PERFORMANCE RULES AND REGULATIONS:
• Concert night is finally here. All performers should report directly to their DESIGNATED dressing area. Please be in full costume with hair and make-up finished by 6:30pm. Don’t forget to warm up! All dressers/moms must leave the dressing areas by 6:45pmso the dancers can be moved to the stage area.
• The lobby of Baldwin High School will open by 6:30pm, however, the auditorium doors will not open until 6:45pm. Due to fire safety regulations everyone entering the auditorium is required to have a ticket and a seat. No one under the age of 3 will be permitted.
• Every dressing area/ classroom will have an adult chaperone and some former dancers to help with any quick changes or make-up touch ups. The dancers will be able to watch the show and have a snack. Please do not come looking for your child during intermission. Only dancers that have an involved costume change will be accessible.
• During intermission one dresser/mom may come back to the dressing area to change their child’s costume for the second half. If your child is in several routines in one half of the show, please set out their costumes for our dressers. To make quick changes happen, have bobby pins in headpieces ahead of time. Have all pins and zippers opened for easy access. Extra tights just in case and make-up available for quick touch-ups.
• ABSOLUTELY NO MEN WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE DRESSING AREAS – if your son requires help with his costume, headpiece, etc., mom or a designated dresser will be available in the dressing areas to help him.
• ABSOLUTELY NO VIDEOTAPING OR PHOTOGRAPHY OF ANY KIND WILL BE ALLOWED DURING THE ACTUAL DANCE CONCERT. Plug in equipment and flashes interfere with our special effects, they may cause danger, distracting the performers on stage! Many of our routines/costumes are copyrighted. Contracts with the music organizations ASCAP and BMI prohibit duplication. Reign Dance Productions security personnel will hold your camera/video equipment until the concert concludes.
• ABSOLUTELY NO COSTUMES ARE ALLOWED IN THE LOBBY OR AUDITORIUM ON PERFORMANCE NIGHTS.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE YOUR FRIENDS, RELATIVES, NEIGHBORS, CLASSMATES, AND ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO HAS A CHILD WHO LOVES TO DANCE TO ATTEND OUR DANCE CONCERT!
YOU CHILDREN ARE WONDERFUL PERFORMERS, THEY DESERVE THE APPLAUSE!
PLEASE INFORM THEM OF THE FOLLOWING PROPER THEATRE ETIQUETTE:
• USE THE RESTROOM BEFORE YOU TAKE YOUR SEAT
• NO FOOD OR DRINK IN THE THEATRE. UNWRAP ANY THROAT LOZENGES BEFORE THE SHOW
• TURN OFF ALL CELL PHONES AND PAGERS
• NO SMOKING ON SCHOOL PROPERTY
• DRESS APPROPRIATELY – THE DANCE CONCERT IS AN EVENING EVENT IN A BEAUTIFUL FACILITY
• HATS MUST BE REMOVED
• DO NOT CHEW GUM
• DO NOT CARRY ON CONVERSATIONS AFTER THE LIGHTS GO DOWN
• PLEASE DO NOT CRITIQUE THE DANCERS ON STAGE... THEIR PARENTS MAY BE IN FRONT OF YOU.
• NO VIDEOTAPING OR PHOTOGRAPHY OF ANY KIND IS ALLOWED AT THE ACTUAL DANCE CONCERT
• DON’T YELL OUT TO DANCERS ON STAGE OR MAKE ANY VERBAL OUTBURSTS DURING THE SHOW
APPLAUSE IS ALWAYS WELCOME AND A STANDING OVATION IS THE ULTIMATE GOAL!!
“BRAVO” IS THE APPROPRIATE WORD!
ONCE YOU LEAVE THE AUDITORIUM YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ENTER AGAIN UNTIL INTERMISSION